This Creamy Chicken Salad has tons of fresh ingredients, like apples, grapes, celery and green onions. Toasted almonds give a nice crunch, and the creamy Greek Yogurt dressing is sweet and tangy. It’s a healthy, light and fresh meal for lunch or dinner!
I’ve always been a sucker for a good salad, and this creamy chicken salad sure hits the spot. It can be served up lots of different ways, from lettuce wraps to tortillas wraps to sandwiches, and it’s delicious just on it’s own.
The dressing is sweet and creamy, with a bit of tang from the lemon juice. The best part about this salad is that you can customize it to your own taste. The recipe is merely a guideline…don’t like Greek Yogurt? Use all sour cream. Want to keep it healthier, leave out the mayo and sour cream and just use all Greek Yogurt. You could add a little balsamic or apple cider vinegar instead of lemon juice, and if you don’t want the sweetness, leave out the honey. The key is to kind of taste as you go, so you can decide on just the right level of sweetness or acidity.
The same goes for the salad itself. If almonds aren’t your thing, you could swap them out for walnuts or pecans. Experiment with different kinds of fruit, like strawberries or melon. To make the chicken, I usually just boil it on the stovetop, but use any leftover chicken you might have, or even rotisserie chicken.
Chicken, Apple & Grape Salad with Creamy DressingPrint Pin Rate
- 6- ounces Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Salt & pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 cups diced)
- 1 cup sliced red grapes
- 1 cup diced apple
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. (I like my almonds toasted - to do so, spread out on a cookie sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for five minutes, until golden).
- Add desired amount of dressing to the salad (you can refrigerate any that you don't use) and stir to until the salad is completely coated. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Serve salad as lettuce wraps, as a sandwich or wrapped in a tortilla. It's also delicious just on it's own.
For more healthy meal ideas, try these:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.