This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Creamy Chicken Salad has tons of fresh ingredients, like apples, grapes, celery and green onions. Toasted almonds give a nice crunch, and the creamy Greek Yogurt dressing is sweet and tangy. It’s a healthy, light and fresh meal for lunch or dinner!
I’ve always been a sucker for a good salad, and this creamy chicken salad sure hits the spot. It can be served up lots of different ways, from lettuce wraps to tortillas wraps to sandwiches, and it’s delicious just on it’s own.
The dressing is sweet and creamy, with a bit of tang from the lemon juice. The best part about this salad is that you can customize it to your own taste. The recipe is merely a guideline…don’t like Greek Yogurt? Use all sour cream. Want to keep it healthier, leave out the mayo and sour cream and just use all Greek Yogurt. You could add a little balsamic or apple cider vinegar instead of lemon juice, and if you don’t want the sweetness, leave out the honey. The key is to kind of taste as you go, so you can decide on just the right level of sweetness or acidity.
The same goes for the salad itself. If almonds aren’t your thing, you could swap them out for walnuts or pecans. Experiment with different kinds of fruit, like strawberries or melon. To make the chicken, I usually just boil it on the stovetop, but use any leftover chicken you might have, or even rotisserie chicken.
Chicken, Apple & Grape Salad with Creamy Dressing
- 6 ounces Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Salt & pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 cups diced)
- 1 cup sliced red grapes
- 1 cup diced apple
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. (I like my almonds toasted - to do so, spread out on a cookie sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for five minutes, until golden).
- Add desired amount of dressing to the salad (you can refrigerate any that you don't use) and stir to until the salad is completely coated. Taste and add more salt if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
For more healthy meal ideas, try these:
Tropical Chicken Slaw with Creamy Pineapple Dressing
Orange & Balsamic Chicken Lettuce Wraps
For all salads go HERE, for all entrees go HERE and for all recipes go HERE.
Made this today! Followed the recipe to a T in terms of measurements. Instead of table salt, I used pink Himalayan salt. And for honey, I used blossom honey instead of the usual clover honey. I also used red delicious apples. So delicious!!