If you’re craving chocolate and want something fast and easy, this one pan chocolate cake recipe is the perfect choice! All of the ingredients are mixed together right in the baking dish, making it a one pan wonder that is sure to please the whole family. It’s also eggless so it’s a delicious vegan alternative.
I’ve been making this cake since I was just out of high school…so more years like I’d like to admit. I don’t make it as often as I should, but it’s so easy!
The ingredients are probably all something you already have on hand. Just grab an 8″x8″ pan and mix up the dry ingredients first, then add the wet and incorporate.
This is such a tender and delicious cake, trust me you’ll have to hold yourself back from eating the entire pan. Or just grab a fork and chow down like we do. Who needs plates anyway?
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips milk or semi-sweet
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients with a fork in an ungreased 8"x8" square pan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and powdered sugar. Make sure to scrape the the edges and corners to incorporate all of the dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like:
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.