This Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe (aka Crack Slaw) is so simple and delicious. It’s got all the flavor of your favorite Chinese restaurant takeout Egg Rolls made easy and in just one pan for easy clean up.
We are all about simple and easy meals around here. We love a good One Pan Meal, like One Pan Ham & Cheese Tortellini, One Pan Cauliflower Mac and Cheese and of course our new favorite Egg Roll Bowls! When all it takes is 15 minutes to get a dinner on the table that everyone loves, I know I’ve got a winning recipe.
EGG ROLL IN A BOWL RECIPE
If you haven’t tried Crack Slaw, you don’t know what you’ve been missing! It’s basically egg roll filling, without the greasy fried wrapper. It’s healthy and keto friendly with tons of veggies and lean ground pork.
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE THESE EGG ROLL BOWLS?
The best part about these bowls is there are no fancy ingredients and it requires little to no pre work!
- Fresh veggies. I get the packaged coleslaw mix which is just basically shredded cabbage, shredded carrots (I buy the pre-cut matchstick cut carrots), sliced onions and any other veggies you might want to throw in. Mushrooms, bell peppers or bean sprouts would be excellent additions.
- Ground meat. I used ground pork because it feels the most authentic, but you can swap out for ground turkey, chicken or beef.
- Seasonings. The meat is seasoned with fresh garlic and ginger while it cooks, and the veggies with soy sauce. You could also add a little sesame oil for more intense flavor as the veggies cook.
HOW TO MAKE EGG ROLL BOWLS
- Start by sauteing some minced garlic and ginger in a large skillet over medium heat. When it starts to smell amazing it’s ready and that only takes a couple of minutes.
- Add a pound of ground pork to the skillet and cook until it’s no longer pink, then drain and return the meat to the skillet.
- To the pork, stir in sliced onions, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage and soy sauce. Let it cook until the cabbage begins to wilt. You could also add bean sprouts if you like.
HOW TO SERVE EGG ROLL BOWLS
Egg Roll in a Bowl (Crack Slaw) is a complete meal if you want it to be. I like to add some wonton strips for crunch plus sesame seeds and sliced green onions to make it look pretty. With loads of meat and veggies this meal is low carb and keto friendly.
Try these other Asian inspired recipes:
- Easy Egg Fried Rice
- Beef and Broccoli
- Ground Turkey Teriyaki Rice Bowl
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Drumsticks
Egg Roll in a Bowl (aka Crack Slaw)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Add vegetable oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant; 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground pork to the skillet and cook until no longer pink. Drain and return meat to the pan.
- Stir in sliced onions, shredded carrot, cabbage and soy sauce. Cook, stirring often, until cabbage is tender; about 6-7 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions if desired and serve immediately.