Last updated on
One Pot Smothered Pork Chops may just be the best pork chop dinner recipe you have ever had! Smothered in peppers, onions, cheese & creamy bbq sauce you won’t believe how good these pork chops are!
Pork chops are just one of those classic dinners that I love to make again and again. But plain pork chops can get super boring, so I am always trying to make them in interesting ways!
I had been thinking up these smothered pork chops for a while now and they were everything I hoped they would be! Tender, flavorful, and so delicious! Everyone in my family cleaned their plates, even the two-year-old! Better yet, these pork chops only dirty one pan!
I love the flavors in this recipe. Peppers and onions make such a flavorful combination and cheese makes everything better of course! I know that cheese on pork sounds kind of odd, but I promise, it works in this recipe! The star of the show in this recipe though is the sauce! A simple combination of bbq sauce, ranch dressing, and spicy brown mustard make for the perfect topping for these smothered pork chops.
I know that chicken is the go-to for most families, but when you have amazing pork chop recipes in your arsenal, you really should consider pork more often! I used bone-in pork chops for this recipe because those tend to be juicier and not dry out as quickly. My pork chops were about ½ an inch thick, which is a good thickness for quick, weeknight cooking.
Try a couple of my other favorite pork chop recipes:
Love one pot meals?
One Pot Smothered Pork Chops
- 4 bone-in pork chops 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 bell peppers sliced (I like to use different colors)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 2 tbsp canola oil
For the pork rub:
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- Mix together the spice ingredients. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of the pork and gently press in.
- Add oil to a heavy bottomed skillet and heat pan to medium-high heat. Once hot, add pork chops. Cook for 2 minutes, per side, or until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat to medium. Add onions and peppers and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Once tender, nestle the pork chops back into the pan. Drizzle sauce over pork. Sprinkle cheese across pork. Let cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked through. Serve immediately.
Looking for more pork recipes?