This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
One Pot Smothered Pork Chops may just be the best pork chop dinner recipe you have ever had! Smothered in peppers, onions, cheese & creamy bbq sauce you won’t believe how good these pork chops are!
Pork chops are just one of those classic dinners that I love to make again and again. But plain pork chops can get super boring, so I am always trying to make them in interesting ways!
I had been thinking up these smothered pork chops for a while now and they were everything I hoped they would be! Tender, flavorful, and so delicious! Everyone in my family cleaned their plates, even the two-year-old! Better yet, these pork chops only dirty one pan!
I love the flavors in this recipe. Peppers and onions make such a flavorful combination and cheese makes everything better of course! I know that cheese on pork sounds kind of odd, but I promise, it works in this recipe! The star of the show in this recipe though is the sauce! A simple combination of bbq sauce, ranch dressing, and spicy brown mustard make for the perfect topping for these smothered pork chops.
I know that chicken is the go-to for most families, but when you have amazing pork chop recipes in your arsenal, you really should consider pork more often! I used bone-in pork chops for this recipe because those tend to be juicier and not dry out as quickly. My pork chops were about ½ an inch thick, which is a good thickness for quick, weeknight cooking.
Try a couple of my other favorite pork chop recipes:
Love one pot meals?
One Pot Smothered Pork Chops
- 4 bone-in pork chops 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 bell peppers sliced (I like to use different colors)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
For the pork rub:
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Mix together the spice ingredients. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of the pork and gently press in.
- Add oil to a heavy bottomed skillet and heat pan to medium-high heat. Once hot, add pork chops. Cook for 2 minutes, per side, or until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat to medium. Add onions and peppers and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Once tender, nestle the pork chops back into the pan. Drizzle sauce over pork. Sprinkle cheese across pork. Let cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked through. Serve immediately.
Looking for more pork recipes?