This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is an easy appetizer made with chicken, cream cheese, Mozzarella cheese, Ranch and Buffalo sauce that’s made right in your crock pot. It’s perfect for parties and potlucks!
Appetizer dips and party food recipes take up a lot of space in my recipe box. My go-to party foods are always simple and totally delicious, whether it my Easy Chili Cheese Dip, Spicy Italian Sausage Dip or this Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Buffalo Wings are always a hit at parties or even just for dinner, because the flavors are just so crave-worthy so why not put all of those flavors together in an easy to make, creamy, cheesy dip?
EASY SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
When a recipe basically calls for just a few ingredients to be dumped into your crock-pot, you know you’ve got something super easy. That’s right, all you need are 6 ingredients to make this delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip.
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP IN YOUR CROCK POT
- You will need a 3 quart slow cooker. I recommend using smaller than 4 quarts or doubling the recipe in a larger one.
- Place the ingredients in the slow cooker, cover and set on the low setting for 1-2 hours.
- Stir the ingredients together and heat 30 minutes more if needed.
- Serve right in the crock pot, or transfer to a serving dish, and garnish with blue cheese crumbles and sliced green onions. I recommend leaving it in the slow cooker on the low or warm setting to make serving a breeze.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks, tortilla chips or toasted baguette slices for dipping.
WHAT KIND OF CHEESE IS BEST FOR BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP?
I use Mozzarella cheese because it’s creamy and melts easily, but you could also use cheddar or Jack cheese. Blue cheese is delicious with buffalo chicken, so that could also be added or swapped for some of the Mozzarella.
Want more party appetizers? These are some of our favorites!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Ranch dip mix (1 packet)
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce like Frank's Red Hot
- 1 cup freshly grated Cheddar-Jack cheese
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles (optional garnish)
- sliced green onions (optional garnish) optional, for garnish
- Carrot and celery sticks, tortilla chips, Fritos Scoops or toasted baguette (crostini) for dipping
- To a 3-quart slow cooker, add chicken, cubed cream cheese, sour cream, ranch mix, buffalo sauce, and Mozzarella cheese. Stir gently to combine.
- Cover and heat on HIGH for 1 1/2-2 hours or until warmed through. Stir.
- Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles on top. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer to melt. If preferred you could sprinkle with more of the cheddar-jack cheese instead of the blue cheese.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve with celery, carrots, toasted baguette, Fritos Scoops or tortilla chips.