This Slow Cooker Garlic & Brown Sugar Teriyaki Pork is tender and juicy and super flavorful. Enjoy it sliced as a roast or shredded in a rice bowl.
When it comes to needed easy weeknight meals in my arsenal, my Slow Cooker is at the top of my list of favorite kitchen equipment. I use it several times a week all throughout the year from All-Purpose Shredded Chicken to fabulous Mexican Beans. It definitely makes my nights so much easier!
We are getting ready to move to a new home and I have been cleaning out my freezer. Apparently I have stock-piled all kinds of proteins to last us for the next ten years. Since I am not willing to “move” an entire freezer full of food, it became clear that I needed to use it up. That revelation became a challenge and I’m trying to come up with new and different ways to cook all this meat.
This Pork Loin was my first victim. It actually started as a variation of my Brown Sugar and Garlic Barbecue Chicken…until I realized I didn’t have an barbecue sauce. So I had to change my plan, and this Teriyaki Pork is what came about.
It’s got a great combination of sweet and salty, and it delicious as a roast with the teriyaki sauce, or shredded and served over rice with some steamed veggies.
- 3 pound pork loin
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic 5-6 cloves
- 1/2 cup bottled teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic, teriyaki sauce and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse pork loin and pat dry.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place the pork loin fat side down in the heated skillet and brown on all sides; about 6 minutes.
- Transfer pork to the slow cooker. Cut slits across the top of the pork, 1-2 inches apart and about 1-2 inches deep (not all the way through). Pour the marinade over the pork.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, or internal temp reaches 140 degrees. Transfer to a cutting board and rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the juices from the slow cooker, if desired.
For more Slow Cooker meals, try these: