This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Craving a light and refreshing meal that’s packed with flavor? Look no further than these tantalizing Tuna Lettuce Wraps!
Combining the goodness of protein-rich tuna, crisp veggies, and a medley of fresh herbs and flavors, these wraps are perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
Tuna Lettuce Wraps are also low in carbs, gluten-free, and customizable to suit your taste preferences. Get ready to delight your palate and nourish your body with this simple and wholesome recipe!
Table of Contents
About this Recipe
Tuna Lettuce Wraps are the perfect solution when you’re in the mood for a light and healthy meal bursting with fresh flavors.
These wraps are not only delicious but also offer a quick and easy way to enjoy a nutritious and satisfying dish. With the freedom to personalize the fillings and toppings, you can create a personalized wrap that suits your taste buds.
So, go ahead and embrace the goodness of these refreshing tuna lettuce wraps while nourishing your body and tantalizing your taste buds.
How to Make Tuna Lettuce Wraps
See recipe card below for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Whisk the sauce – mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, dill, chives, parsley and black pepper – in a medium-sized bowl. Do a little taste test and add more seasonings or fresh herbs if you like.
- Open the cans of tuna and drain any liquid.
- Add the tuna to the sauce and flake it with a fork. Stir in some diced celery for crunch.
- Make yourself a nice sandwich, or for something a little more fun, scoop the tuna salad into fresh lettuce cups. Top with fresh herbs and serve with a lemon wedge.
Store leftover tuna salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Freezing is not recommended.
This recipe is great for meal prep. Make a big batch of tuna salad and portion into containers. and prep the lettuce leaves in meal-sized portions.
- Choose quality tuna: Opt for high-quality tuna for the best flavor and texture. Canned solid white albacore tuna or chunk light tuna are popular choices. You can use tuna packed in water or oil, depending on your preference.
- Choose the right lettuce: Opt for lettuce varieties with large, sturdy leaves that can hold the filling without tearing easily. Some popular options include iceberg lettuce, romaine lettuce, or butter lettuce. Wash and dry the leaves thoroughly before using them.
- Drain the tuna well: Ensure you drain the tuna thoroughly to remove excess liquid. Squeezing it gently or using a fork to press out the liquid will help prevent a watery tuna salad.
- Add texture with mix-ins: Enhance the texture of your tuna salad by adding various mix-ins. Some popular options include finely chopped celery, onions, pickles, or bell peppers. These add crunch and additional flavors to the salad.
- Let it chill: For optimal flavor, refrigerate your tuna salad for at least 30 minutes before serving. Chilling allows the flavors to meld together and creates a more cohesive and delicious salad.
- Don’t overfill the wraps: Be mindful not to overstuff the lettuce wraps, as it may make them difficult to roll and eat. Start with a moderate amount of filling and adjust as needed. It’s better to slightly underfill the wraps and allow for easier handling and eating.
- Tuna Macaroni Salad
- The Best Tuna Casserole Recipe
- Tuna Salad
- The Best Tuna Melt Sandwich
- Easy Tuna Pasta Salad
Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps with Lemon, Dill & Black Pepper Mayo
- 10- ounces canned tuna drained
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 6 Large lettuce leaves iceberg, romaine or butter lettuces work well
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, dill, chives, parsley and black pepper. Taste and add salt and more lemon juice as desired.
- Drain any liquid from the tuna and stir it and the diced celery into the mayonnaise mixture. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Scoop the tuna salad mixture into the lettuce leaves. Top with fresh chopped parsley for garnish and serve with a lemon wedge.
For more quick and easy meal ideas, try these: