Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells are easy and so creamy and delicious. They are perfect for a quick weeknight meal but still classy enough for company.
My best friend and I have quite similar palates when it comes to food. We have been lunching together since we were in high school, and we have our favorite local and national restaurants. Don’t scoff, but Olive Garden is one of those places. I know some people swear that Olive Garden isn’t “real” Italian food, but if it tastes good, who cares?
Since we have similar tastes, we tend to order the same food and drinks when we go out. At Olive Garden the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is always one of those dishes. Tender pasta, creamy sauce and savory chicken…it’s definitely a winning combination and I that I enjoy replicating at home.
As we sat around the table enjoy these Stuffed Shells, I couldn’t help but wish for some Olive Garden salad and breadsticks to go with it!
I’ve been wanting to try out these stuffed shells for a while now, but I wanted to do something that wasn’t the typical red sauce version. The stuffing is shredded chicken and four kinds of cheese – Ricotta, Mozzarella, Parmesan and Romano. The sauce is a simple Alfredo with only 3 ingredients – butter, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Stuff the shells, top them with the Alfredo and more cheese, and you’ll have a winning dish your family will be begging you to make again!
- 25 large pasta shells
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1½ cups Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Romano Cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh basil, roughly chopped or torn
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped or torn
- Boil pasta shells to almost al dente (about 9 minutes). Drain water and lay on a flat surface to dry and cool.
- While the pasta shells are cooling, make the alfredo sauce and the chicken
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add cream and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and stir in the ¾ cup Parmesan cheese. Set aside. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 13"x9" baking dish by lightly
- spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine Mozzarella, Romano and Parmesan together. Reserve about ⅓ cup for topping. In a large bowl, combine cheese mixture and Ricotta Cheese with the egg and a pinch pf salt and pepper. Stir in shredded chicken.
- Spoon half of the Alfredo sauce into the bottom of the 13"x9" baking dish. Stuff shells with the chicken mixture (a cookie scoop works really well for this) and arrange in a single layer in the baking dish. Spoon remaining Alfredo sauce over the stuffed shells. Sprinkle with the reserved ⅓ cup cheese mix.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil and parsley, if desired.
For more delicious pasta dishes, try these: