For these to-die-for wings, you’ll need:
- 2 pound Chicken wings (I buy the big packages at my grocery store or Sams club with the whole wing still together)
- 1 bag French’s mild Chicken wing spices
- 1 bag French’s hot Chicken wing spices
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper, divided ** reduce to 1 teaspoon for medium, 1/2 teaspoon for mild
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes, divided
- 2 tablespoons paprika, divided
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, divided
- Baking sheets, lined with foil if you prefer
Best Ever Baked Chicken Wings
- 2 pound Chicken wings I buy the big packages at my grocery store or Sams club with the whole wing still together
- 1 bag French's mild Chicken wing spices
- 1 bag French's hot Chicken wing spices
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper divided ** reduce to 1 teaspoon for medium, 1/2 teaspoon for mild
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes divided
- 2 tablespoons paprika divided
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder divided
- Baking sheets lined with foil if you prefer
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees while you toss 1/2 your chicken into one of the bags provided with your French's wing spices, as well as one tablespoon of each spice. Toss the remaining half in the other bag. Dump 1/2 mild and 1/2 hot spices in each bag with wings, close the bags, and shake.
- Arrange the wings on a baking sheet, and let the wings bake for one hour.
- After one hour, flip the bags over onto the other side, and increase the temp to 350, cook for another 30 minutes.
- Next, open the bags (carefully- this will be very, very hot), and pour the wings and juices onto your baking sheet. Turn the oven up to 450, and bake for another 30 minutes, or until all of the "juices" reduce- flipping every 10 minutes or so (just be careful you don't pull the skin and wing off the bone, as they do stick a bit to the baking sheet. Slide your tongs under like a spatula before lifting to flip and you should be fine).
- When done, slowly drizzle any remaining liquid left in the baking sheet over the wings for even more flavor.