These Crispy Cheesy Baked Chicken Tenders are a kid friendly dinner option that will satisfy the whole family!
If your kids are anything like mine, the answer to “What do you want to eat?” whether at home or at a restaurant is often greeted with shouts of “chicken fingers!” which is inevitably met by my own cackle of “Chickens don’t have fingers!” (fans of the daytime soap “All My Children” might remember that classic line from the show).
That’s probably why they are now called chicken tenders instead of chicken fingers!
Anyway, moving on to these delectable, cheesy bites. Chicken TENDERS are dipped in seasoned flour, then egg and finally a combination of cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs, then baked to crispy, golden perfection.
You have a few options when it comes to the baking. Both ways will work, one just works a little better than the other. The first method is just to lay the breaded chicken out on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. The second (and preferred) method adds a wire rack on top of the baking sheet to lift the chicken up so it’s able to brown on all sides without having to be flipped over. (affiliate links) Either way you’ll want to be sure and spray generously with nonstick cooking spray.
These Crispy Cheesy Baked Chicken Tenders are crunchy and flavorful and juicy. Kids will love them, and grown-ups will too!
Crispy Cheesy Baked Chicken Tenders recipe:
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- Kosher salt
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fresh finely shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese, packed
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and top with a baking rack and spray with cooking spray. (if no baking rack, just spray the foil with cooking spray). Set aside.
- Combine the coating ingredients in three shallow containers (like pie tins): 1 - sift together all-purpose flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper; 2 - whisk together eggs and milk; combine panko breadcrumbs, sharp cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
- Season chicken on both sides with kosher salt.
- Set up an assembly line to coat the chicken as follows: flour mixture, then egg mixture, and finally cheese mixture. Set pieces in a single layer on the prepared baking rack or baking sheet. Chicken can be close together but should not touch. *Pro-tip - use one hand for wet and one hand for dry coating.
- Bake chicken at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.or until golden. If you are not using a baking rack, turn the chicken tenders over after about 10 minutes. *For additional browning, turn on the broiler for a few minutes until golden.
- Serve immediately with choice of dipping sauce.
Here’s another Chicken Tenders recipe that we love:
And for more easy chicken recipes, give these a try:
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
- Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta with Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.