This Honey Oat Quick Bread is an easy, no-yeast/no-knead recipe that’s ready in under an hour! A fresh, slightly sweet loaf of wheat bread made with oats and sweetened with honey, then baked to tender, golden brown perfection.
I’m a bit of what you’d call a carb-o-holic. Pasta, bread, you name it, it’s my favorite. But is there really anything better than stuffing your face with a piping hot slice of fresh bread smeared with butter? I think not.
I am kind of in love with this Honey Oat Quick Bread. Well, any quick bread really. You see “quick” is my favorite cooking term, and bread, well, it’s BREAD. So the two fit together pretty well in my vocabulary. I’ve only recently started baking savory quick breads. Up until now it was sweet, sweet, sweet like my Grandma’s Zucchini Bread or a holiday favorite Cranberry Bread.
The savory quick bread have recently started making their way into my kitchen, like this Pizza Bread made with three kinds of cheese and sundried tomatoes – so good!
I use both all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour in this Honey Oat Quick Bread, however you could use all of one if you prefer. It’s got just a touch of sweetness from the added honey, make it a great, good for you snack when you’re craving something just a little sweet.
Can I let you in on a little secret? I’ve made this bread using the packets of oatmeal, like this apple cinnamon oatmeal, and it turned out great! Slightly sweeter and with a hint of cinnamon – yum! (aff link)
So if you’re like me and have always thought you can’t have fresh bread on the dinner table without all the yeasting and the kneading, you have to try this Honey Oat Quick Bread – I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Honey Oat Quick Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6- ounces plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter melted, olive oil, or vegetable oil
- ¾ cup nonfat milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray a standard 9x5 loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter or oil, yogurt, milk, honey and egg.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients. Gently stir and fold the ingredients until all the flour has been incorporated and a wet batter is formed. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading to the edges.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes. When finished, the loaf should be domed and golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing, slicing and serving.
- Wrap cooled loaves tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature. For freezer storage, wrap in plastic and aluminum foil and frozen for up to three months.
Adapted from Celebrating Sweets
Love this Honey Oat Quick Bread? Try these other delicious savory bread recipes: