Easy to make and full of flavor, these Pan Roasted Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs are sure to please even the pickiest in your family! Pan fried for a crispy skin outside, then finished in the oven for the most tender, juicy meat inside.
Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs
My kids aren’t huge meat eaters, especially my daughter. It takes a lot to get her to eat even a few pieces of chicken; and steak? Forget about it. But when I made my Pan Roasted Herbed Chicken a couple months ago, she literally gobbled it down! I’ll admit I ate two pieces, it was THAT good.
And friends, let me tell you, this Lemon Garlic version was even better! The acidic bite from the lemon and the slight kick from the garlic were magnificent and the rosemary gave a nice floral note. These recipes call for you to leave the skin on, and it crisps up giving the most wonderful texture to the chicken. Of course leaving the skin is all about flavor, and there’s tons of it in this dish!
If you prefer to save a few calories and not eat the skin, you don’t have to, but let it cook with the skin on to give that nice juicy flavor.
How to Make Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs
Pan Roasted Chicken is easy to make, and in just a couple of steps.
- First combine the marinade mixture in a bowl and pour it over the chicken in a zipped bag. Let it marinate for 30 minutes to an hour in the fridge.
- Heat up some olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed skillet (I prefer cast iron). You want a pan that will sear nicely and is also oven safe.
- Place the chicken, skin side down, in the skillet just long enough to render some the fat and brown the skin. It’s going to continue cooking in the oven and the skin will get nice and crispy as it finishes.
- Flip the chicken over and brown the other side, then pour in a mixture of chicken broth and lemon juice and slide the skillet into the oven.
- As it comes out of the oven, spoon those pan juices over the chicken. The result is a mouth-watering chicken that your family will be begging you to make again and again!
Chicken goes with just about anything, but the lemon and garlic flavor infused into these pan roasted chicken thighs definitely pairs well with these side dishes:
Of course, you could always just keep it super simple with a copycat Olive Garden Salad and garlic bread.
RECIPE TIPS AND TRICKS
- I don’t recommend marinating longer than 2 hours. The acid from the lemon can actually begin to “cook” the chicken.
- You can use this marinade with boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts if you like. Brown quickly on the stove top, then finish in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the meat registers 165 degrees on a digital meat thermometer.
- Spoon the pan juices over the chicken just before serving for a little something extra.
- Store leftover chicken thighs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven.
Eat more chicken!
If you’ve made this recipe, please come back and leave us a star rating or a comment below. Or, tag us on social media @yellowblissroad or #yellowblissroad for a chance to be featured.
Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place chicken in one gallon zippered bag and our the marinade over the chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour. (If you're in a hurry, you can reduce marinade time as needed).
When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Whisk together 1 cup chicken broth, ¼ cup lemon juice, and minced garlic and set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed skillet (cast iron is preferred) over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and sear until both sides are nice and browned, about 3 minutes per side.
Pour chicken broth mixture around the chicken into the pan and add rosemary sprigs between the chicken pieces. Do not pour over the chicken, just around it.
Roast chicken in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, until juices are clear.
Serving: 1chicken thighCalories: 379kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 22gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 500mgPotassium: 338mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 111IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 1mg
Adapted from Damn Delicious.