This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas are super easy to put together and slow cook for several hours in the crockpot for extra tender and flavorful chicken. Change up Taco Tuesday or make them for Cinco de Mayo!
I love getting fajitas in a Mexican restaurant. It’s always so exciting when they bring that steaming cast iron plate to the table with sizzling chicken or steak and tender peppers and onions. Then all that goodness is wrapped in a house-made tortilla and although they’re likely too hot to eat right away you willingly shovel them in your mouth because they are just THAT good.
Wouldn’t it be nice if they delivered that same sizzling plate of awesomeness to your dinner table at home?
These Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas may not arrive on a sizzling cast iron plate, but let me tell you, they are just as delicious! Plump, juicy chicken breast is cut into strips and then seasoned with a delicious blend of spices. They sit on top of the sliced bell peppers and onions, and cook for a few hours, making the chicken and the vegetable super tender.
If you’re feeling fancy, you can make your own tortillas (here’s a great recipe) but you can buy them at the grocery store and they are almost as good. Especially if you heat them on the flame of your stove, which is how I love them.
These Crockpot Chicken Fajitas will please even your pickiest eaters. If you happen to have any leftovers, use them for this Chicken Fajita Salad, or in a nice pot of soup!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 bell peppers a mix of any color
- 1/2 a medium sized onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Fajita Seasoning recipe below
- 2 limes
- Tortillas cheese, limes, sour cream, cilantro or any other favorite toppings
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Calde de Tomat tomato bouillon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the 9 spices for the Fajita Seasoning. If you don't have Caldo de Tomate, use dry chicken bouillon or omit.
- Cut bell peppers and onion into julienne-style strips and place in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add minced garlic and stir together. Season with a pinch or two of kosher salt.
- Rub dry spice mixture into both sides of each breast and place chicken on top of vegetables in a even layer.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 5-6 hours.
- Ladle out about half of the liquid from the slow cooker. Shred chicken in the slow cooker and stir in juice of two limes. Cover and cook for an additional 15-30 minutes.
- Serve in warm tortillas with your favorite toppings like sour cream, cheese or cilantro.
For more easy Slow Cooker Dinners, try these: