My Strawberry Lemon Bars are creamy and tart, made with fresh strawberries, fresh lemon juice and zest and Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter. (Thanks to Chef Shamy Gourmet for sponsoring this post and providing me with several of their delicious butters to taste!).
Strawberries and lemons are pretty much a match made in heaven. Sweet and tart is one of the best flavor combinations, especially when it comes to desserts – I’d take that over chocolate any day! Need proof? Just give these Strawberry Lemon Bars a try!
My loyal readers know that I only share products that I absolutely use and love. When I first tried Chef Shamy’s Strawberry Honey Butter, I wanted to put it on everything from toast and bagels to fruit. I knew it would be awesome to bake with, too. What I love most about Chef Shamy Gourmet though, is the story behind the brand, that started with the gift of garlic butter. They only use real butter and no GMOs, oils, or margarines. There are several flavors to choose from, like Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter, and more!
But back to these Strawberry Lemon Bars – The texture is similar to a blondie or brownie, intensely flavored, soft and chewy. There are fresh strawberries inside as well as lots of fresh lemon juice and zest. The bars are super easy to whip up all in one bowl and take less than 30 minutes to bake. Once cooled, a deliciously tart lemon glaze is poured over the top. They are best served chilled, in my opinion, but can be also served at room temp.
Want to know how you can get your hands on Chef Shamy Butters? You can find them doing road shows at Sam’s Club (find dates on their website), and they are also available for purchase at Bristol Farms and on Amazon. And be sure to check them out on Facebook and Instagram!
Strawberry Lemon Bars
- 1/2 cup Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup finely diced strawberries
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8” square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until creamy and well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt just until incorporated.
- Gently fold in diced strawberries.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about 24-27 minutes or until just set in the center.
- To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour over cooled Strawberry Lemon Blondies and spread evenly. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries.
Love these Strawberry Lemon Bars? For more delicious Strawberry treats, check these out: