Need a quick and easy meal to add to your weeknight dinner rotation? This delicious Italian meal cooks all in one pot using just five ingredients. Try my Italian Sausage and Tortellini Skillet!
With back to school just around the corner (okay, five weeks away) I’m starting to think about planning some easy meals that are quick and delicious for our busy weeknights. It doesn’t get any easier than throwing everything into one skillet for an easy one pan meal!
For this easy dinner, Italian Sausage, Spaghetti Sauce and Tortellini. Oh, and don’t forget the cheesy topping that’s melted in the oven. In less than 30 minutes you have a delicious, hot meal on the table that your family will love. Since the tortellini is cooked right in the sauce, it adds an extra level of flavor that makes it so yummy. And the leftovers (if there are any!) will be even better the next day.
Here are the tools you will need:
One Pan Sausage and Tortellini
- 1 lb ground Italian Sausage
- 20 oz package of fresh cheese Tortellini
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce (1 24-ounce jar) + 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley or basil for garnish, if desired.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble in sausage and cook through, until no longer pink. Drain off some of the fat, if necessary.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, water, Italian seasoning water, and tortellini.
- Bring mixture to a boil, turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for about 8 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle Mozzarella and Parmesan evenly over tortellini. Cover for about 5 minutes until cheeses are melted.
- Alternatively, you could place pan under the broiler in your oven on low for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
For more quick and easy one pan meals, be sure to try these:
For even more dinner ideas, be sure to go HERE.
For a complete list of recipes on the site, be sure to go HERE.