This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Potato, Corn and Bacon Casserole is creamy and delicious and is a classic hash brown casserole taken up about 50 notches! It’s the perfect accompaniment to any holiday entree.
We are all about the sides in our house when it comes to the holidays. This casserole has got it all – potatoes, sweet corn, salty bacon and it’s all wrapped up in a creamy sauce with a buttery, crunchy topping. It’s the kind of over-the-top goodness that you expect on your holiday table! Did I mention the buttery, crunchy topping?
I chose Simply Potatoes® as the base of this dish, because I like to make delicious food that doesn’t take hours to prepare! Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes (I usually find them in the refrigerated sectioned near the eggs in my local store) are fresh and never frozen, and are a real time saver (I absolutely hate peeling potatoes!). They were perfect for this dish because I can just stir them in straight from the bag.
After mixing the ingredients together the casserole is baked for about 45 minutes (you just want it to be nice and bubbly and golden on top). I love that it’s totally versatile – add some diced chicken or sausage and some broccoli you’ve got a full meal!
My family loved this Creamy Potato, Corn and Bacon Casserole as a side to our favorite Baked Chicken Breasts, and the whole meal came together in just 30 minutes. That’s what I call a lifesaver!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.
More Potato Recipes
- Easy Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes
- German Fried Potatoes (Bratkartoffeln)
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Loaded Mashed Potato Puffs
Creamy Potato, Corn and Bacon Casserole
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 20 oz Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 slices cooked bacon chopped (reserve 1-2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced; some tops reserved for garnish
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 sleeve butter crackers crushed (about a cup)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and garlic powder and cook until golden in color. Stir in milk and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large baking dish, stir together potatoes, frozen corn, bacon, sliced green onions and ¾ cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pour the sour cream mixture over the potato mixture and gently stir to coat. Spread evenly in the casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the crushed butter crackers, melted butter and remaining ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the potato mixture. Top with reserved bacon.
- Bake casserole for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and golden.
- Can substitute breadcrumbs for the butter crackers.
Here’s some other favorite side dish recipes: