This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Honey Garlic Chicken is a simple dinner with a sweet and tangy sauce. Made in just 15 minutes made with ingredients you already have on hand, everyone love this quick and easy meal.
Easy chicken dinners are how we roll around here. From our easy Baked Chicken Breasts to Chicken Fried Rice we like ’em quick and simple. This Honey Garlic Chicken is the latest in a long list of favorites!
Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
If there is one chicken recipes that I could make pretty much any night of the week it would be this one. Chicken cooked to golden perfection, then simmered in a sweet, garlicky sauce that smells heavenly!
How to make Honey Garlic Chicken
- Start by whisking together honey, lemon juice, chicken broth, rice wine vinegar and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. This is what will form that luscious honey garlic sauce at the end. Set it aside until it’s time to use it.
- Grab 3 chicken breasts. You want them to be about the same size so they’ll cook evenly so you may need to lightly pound them. Put them in a ziploc bag or between two pieces of plastic wrap and gently pound them with a meat tenderizer.
- Pat the chicken down with some paper towels and season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides.
- Heat some oil in a cast iron skillet then add the chicken breasts. Give them a few minutes to cook without moving them so they’ll get a nice sear, then flip them and cook the other side.
- Add the garlic and the honey sauce to the pan and swirl it around to coat the whole pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it thicken for a few minutes.
- Serve immediately with some Honey Roasted Carrots and make ahead mashed potatoes .
Can I use chicken thighs instead of breasts?
Yes, you absolutely can! Chicken thighs will take longer to cook, so you’ll need to adjust the cooking time. On the stovetop, boneless, skinless chicken thighs will take about 6 minutes per side. Bone-in, skin-on thighs will need time for the fat to render and the skin to crisp up and that could take 20 minutes or more per side for Honey Garlic Chicken.
All chicken should register 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
More chicken recipes you’ll love:
- One Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Easy Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Pasta
- Cheesy Baked Buffalo Chicken
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast about 3 large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- In a small bowl, make the sauce by whisking together honey, chicken broth, vinegar, red pepper flakes and soy sauce. Set aside until ready to use.
- Lightly pound chicken breasts to make them an even thickness.
- Mix salt, pepper and garlic powder together in a small bowl, then sprinkle on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Arrange chicken in the skillet in an even layer. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Make a little room in the center of the pan and add a teaspoon of olive oil and the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Pour in the sauce and swirl around the pan. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Turn the chicken to coat with the sauce.
- Serve immediately, with drizzled sauce. Garnish with sliced green onions or fresh minced parsley.