This simple Turkey Taco Soup is loaded with ground turkey, beans, and flavor. It’s simple to make and get on the table and a recipe that everyone is going to love!
Soup has always been a favorite dish of mine. It’s not just for the winter either, I eat it all year long. A favorite of mine is my easy taco soup recipe. It’s much bolder and made with green chilis and a little too spicy for the kids. I wanted to create a version that the entire family can enjoy and boy did they enjoy this one. Of course, you could add chilis or even jalapeños to this recipe to give it a kick but if you like a mild taco that still has lots of flavors, this recipe is for you.
Of course, I love that my family will all eat this recipe but my favorite part is how simple it is to make.
How to make this Turkey Taco Soup:
- Start by cooking your ground turkey in a large pot. Once cooked, drain any fat. Turkey usually has less fat then cooking with beef so you may not have much to drain if any.
- Rinse and drain the beans and corn, but use the juice from the tomatoes in the soup. You might one to buy one with low sodium if you do this.
- Once all your ingredients are in the pot allow it to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with whatever you like on your tacos. I love adding sour cream, shredded cheese, and even fresh cilantro to mine.
Take your love or tacos to a new level!
Can’t get enough soup in your life?
Turkey Taco Soup
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can corn
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 14 oz chicken or vegetable broth
- Optional toppings: sour cream shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a large pot. Once cooked drain fat and return to stove top.
- Drain and rinse corn and bean. Add these and all remaining ingredients to your pot. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with your favorite taco toppings. I used sour cream and shredded cheese on mine.
If you love taco recipes as much as I do then make sure to stop by and check out some of my other favorite taco style recipes:
Jenine blogs at thediaryofarealhousewife.com where she strives to create simple recipes that anyone can make and everyone in the family can enjoy. As a mom of three she knows first hand how busy day to day life can be and how precious family time is. She hopes her easy recipes can help you spend less time in the kitchen and more time around the table enjoying food, family, and making fun memories.