This simple Turkey Taco Soup is loaded with ground turkey, beans, and flavor. It’s simple to make and get on the table and a recipe that everyone is going to love!
Soup has always been a favorite dish of mine. It’s not just for the winter either, I eat it all year long. A favorite of mine is my easy taco soup recipe. It’s much bolder and made with green chilis and a little too spicy for the kids. I wanted to create a version that the entire family can enjoy and boy did they enjoy this one. Of course, you could add chilis or even jalapeños to this recipe to give it a kick but if you like a mild taco that still has lots of flavors, this recipe is for you.
Of course, I love that my family will all eat this recipe but my favorite part is how simple it is to make.
How to make this Turkey Taco Soup:
- Start by cooking your ground turkey in a large pot. Once cooked, drain any fat. Turkey usually has less fat then cooking with beef so you may not have much to drain if any.
- Rinse and drain the beans and corn, but use the juice from the tomatoes in the soup. You might one to buy one with low sodium if you do this.
- Once all your ingredients are in the pot allow it to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with whatever you like on your tacos. I love adding sour cream, shredded cheese, and even fresh cilantro to mine.
Take your love or tacos to a new level!
Can’t get enough soup in your life?
Turkey Taco Soup
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can corn
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 14 oz chicken or vegetable broth
- Optional toppings: sour cream shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a large pot. Once cooked drain fat and return to stove top.
- Drain and rinse corn and bean. Add these and all remaining ingredients to your pot. Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with your favorite taco toppings. I used sour cream and shredded cheese on mine.
If you love taco recipes as much as I do then make sure to stop by and check out some of my other favorite taco style recipes: