I am so excited for summer to FINALLY be here. My kids just got out of school last week, and its already been a great start to the year. They spent the week playing outside, playing video games, and enjoying the chance to sleep in and relax a bit – totally unscheduled.
I’m off to a conference today in Chicago, and currently super thankful for in-flight WIFI! Three hours of uninterrupted work is pretty rare to get in these days, and I’ll take it anyway I can get it.
I’m looking forward to the 4th of July next weekend, and you can guarantee that this will be on the menu.
- 1 pound pasta your choice
- 2-3 cups vegetables like broccoli bell peppers, and tomatoes - chopped
- 1/2 - 1 cup sliced olives I used black olives, but sliced kalamatas are good in this too!
- 1/2 bottle Zesty Italian dressing
- 1-2 tablespoons dry Zesty Italian dressing seasoning mix
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water when cooked.
- Add the vegetables to the salad. For extra flavor, marinate the veggies in the dressing for 3-4 hours prior to putting the salad together. This is totally optional though!
- Mix in half of the Zesty Italian Dressing. Reserve the other half and the dry seasoning mix for immediately before serving the salad, and then mix in.
For more delicious summer salads, try these:
Chicken Fajita Salad
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.