Recently I was invited to sample Manwich sauces in the Regular, Bold, and Thick and Chunky varieties. I challenged myself to think outside the box and create a recipe that my family would love, and Mawich Bold was the perfect base for my recipe creation.
- 2 cups shredded or diced chicken
- 2 Tbsp minced green onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 can Manwich Bold + 1 can water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound of small dry pasta (I used penne)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Heat a small amount of oil in a large pot. Add onion and garlic and saute for one minute, then add cooked chicken* and saute for a couple of minutes.
- (*Tip: I happened to have cooked, shredded chicken on hand so I used that, but I think I would start with raw chicken next time and cook the diced chicken and in the pot).
- 2. Add chicken broth, Manwich Bold Sloppy Joe Sauce, water and pasta to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for about 25-25 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheddar until well incorporated, reserving a handful to sprinkle on the top. Cover for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt, and stir.
- 4. Serve.
One pot meals are the best for busy weeknights, and are made even easier with the kid-stopping power of Manwich. My kids absolutely loved this meal and not only asked for seconds, but asked for it to be put in their lunches the next day.
For more on Manwich check out these Manwich TV Ads.