This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cheeseburger Casserole takes everything you love about a cheeseburger and puts it into an easy casserole form. Made in a skillet, this filling meal is ready in about 30 minutes!
What is Cheeseburger Casserole?
If you’ve ever craved burgers but didn’t feel like making patties, standing at the grill, and assembling, you’re in luck.
Cheeseburger casserole has all the burger flavors you love in a cheesy pasta dish with ground beef, onions, tomatoes, ketchup & mustard, and cheese. Made with a few simple ingredients, and ready in about a half hour, this comforting meal is a family favorite.
Because it is in casserole form, it can easily serve a crowd. Scoop out a bowlful and enjoy your deconstructed cheeseburger.
How to Make Cheeseburger Casserole
- First, cook your favorite noodle shape. I like to use traditional macaroni but any small cut noodle would work. Boil in generously salted water until cooked to al dente.
- While the noodles are cooking, saute some onions until soft and then add the ground sirloin and seasonings and brown the meat. I like to use ground sirloin whenever I’m making beef dishes because it is low on fat but full of flavor. If you use chuck, you’ll probably have to drain off the fat.
- Then add in the ketchup, mustard, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese. I like to use cheddar but pick your favorite.
- Pour the cooked noodles into the skillet, stir, then top with cheese and cover to let the cheese melt over your Cheeseburger Casserole.
- Top your cheeseburger casserole with your favorite burger toppings like diced onion, diced dill pickles, sautéed mushrooms, bacon – whatever you like!
- Because it is so filling, you don’t need too many sides with it. But a light garden salad would be a good choice if you want to stretch the servings.
- For balance, serve it with Spinach Salad, or add some more carbs and serve it with Homemade French Fries.
- You can’t forget dessert! I recommend following this casserole with Coconut Oil Brownies or Slutty Brownies.
Like most casseroles, this Cheeseburger Casserole will freeze really well. Prepare it as directed then store it in a freezer-safe dish, wrapped tightly. When ready to eat it, move it from the freezer to the fridge to defrost, preferably overnight, then bake for 20-30 minutes at 350°. If it’s fully frozen, you’ll need a full hour at 350° to warm through.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days, reheating individual portions in the microwave.
More Casseroles You’ll Love
Casseroles are great because they are usually easy to make, don’t require a ton of crazy ingredients and they are the best at feeding a crowd. We’ve got lots more for you to try!
- Pizza Casserole
- Ham & Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip Chicken Casserole
- Hamburger Casserole
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- 12 ounces macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook your noodles. Drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil then the diced onion. Saute until soft.
- Add ground sirloin, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic. Break apart meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Add in the ketchup, mustard, diced tomatoes, and 1.5 cups of the shredded cheese. Stir together until fully combined.
- Pour in the cooked noodles and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top, cover with a lid, and turn heat to low. Once the cheese is melted, it's ready to serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.