Cranberry Pecan Roasted Vegetables – An easy to make, beautiful platter of roasted vegetables that are cooked in a delicious maple cinnamon butter. These roasted veggies are the perfect combination of savory and sweet, topped with cranberries and pecans for extra texture and make an excellent Thanksgiving side dish.
Hey, everyone! Nichole here again from The Salty Marshmallow! I have some amazing fall roasted veggies to share with you today.
I always look forward to cooking during the fall, when I don’t mind heating up my oven and my house! Comfort food is always welcome like this Crockpot Frito Pie or this Cheddar Biscuit Topped Chicken Pot Pie. But, we still need to sneak those vegetables in!
Lucky for us, fall veggies are the absolute best. There is nothing I love more than the smell of butternut squash cooking up with brussels, red onion, cranberries, and pecans. An amazing savory and sweet combination that my family can’t get enough of.
Speaking of everyone loving these so much. It’s a really simple, super flavorful side dish to put on your Thanksgiving menu this year. If you have a big crowd, it can easily be doubled!
The first time I made these roasted veggies, on a random Monday night, my daughter announced that “It smells like Thanksgiving in here!!” She’s right, it does, and they were a welcome side to go along with dinner that evening!
Let’s chat real quick about butternut squash! I know some people cringe at the thought of having to deal with one. It’s not hard, promise!
Here is the easiest way I have found to peel, seed, and cube a butternut squash with ease.
- Cut off both ends of the squash first. The top and the bottom should come off so that you can stand the squash up straight.
- Once the ends are off, and your squash is standing up, use a sharp chef’s knife to remove the skin. Peel downward towards your cutting board with your knife. I find this MUCH easier than using a vegetable peeler!
- After the skin is off, leave your squash standing up and slice it all the way through from top to bottom.
- Scrape the seeds out with a large spoon. Lay the squash flat and cut into long “sticks.”
- Once you have a bunch of long squash pieces, simply cut them into bite-sized cubes!
Cranberry Pecan Roasted Vegetables
- 1 1/2 Pounds Brussel Sprouts ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed
- 1 Butternut Squash peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 Large Red onion cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 4 TBSP Butter Melted
- 3 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place the prepared vegetables in an even layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the butter mixture, toss or stir gently to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Add the cranberries and pecans to the baking sheet with the vegetables.
- Return to the oven for 5 more minutes.Serve immediately.
Here’s another Thanksgiving vegetable side that we love:
And for more Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes try these: