This creamy Dorito Chicken Casserole is a recipe that your entire family will love. Made with a casserole dish full of Dorito chips and topped with a creamy chicken mixture. This one will be a winning dinner!
Dorito Chicken Casserole
This Dorito Chicken Casserole is a family favorite! My kids loved it and my husband asked when it would be on the menu again. I guess it’s no surprise since they LOVE my cheesy ham and potato casserole. I guess cheesy casseroles are a favorite in my home. For this recipe, you want to start by cooking your chicken breast. This recipe is perfect for a rotisserie chicken. Once that is done you just mix everything up and top it with cheese before you bake. It’s pretty simple.
Let’s get this Dorito Chicken Casserole served:
This recipe is so simple to make!
- You want to start by cooking your chicken or use precooked and shredded chicken. If you are starting with raw chicken I wrapped mine in foil and baked. This way I could take it out and have a clean casserole dish to use for the rest of the recipe. Once your chicken is cooked shred it and set it aside. You could also use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, or make up a big batch of Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken to save some time.
- Time to start building the casserole. Crush Dorito chips and place them on the bottom of your casserole dish and set aside. I reserved 1/4 cup for garnish to make it look pretty, but that’s just up to you. Mix together cooked shredded chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, cheddar soup, Rotel, corn, and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Pour this over your chips in your casserole dish.
- All you need to do now is top with the remaining cheese and bake. An easy recipe that you and your family will love.
My Dorito Chicken Casserole is super creamy and cheesy. While we love this casserole just on it’s own, there are a few ways we like to mix things up.
- Serve it over white or brown rice.
- Mix in some cooked pasta, like rotini, before baking.
- Baked potatoes topped with cheesy Dorito Casserole are amazing!
- Change up the flavor by using hot or mild Rotel, or different flavors of Doritos chips. Cool Ranch chicken casserole anyone??
- If you’re not into the cheese soup, double the amount of cream of chicken.
What to do with leftovers
Leftover chicken casserole should be stored in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for 3-4 days.
To freeze, place leftover casserole in a freezer bag and press out as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 6 months. To thaw, place in the fridge overnight. Reheat in the oven, uncovered, at the same temperature.
If you loved this recipe try some more of my favorite casseroles!
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- Ham & Cheese Croissant Breakfast Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Creamy Potato, Corn & Bacon Casserole
Dorito Chicken Casserole
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 10-ounce bag Dorito chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup (Campbell's - great for cooking)
- 1 10-ounce can rotel
- 1 14-ounce can corn drained
- 2 cups shredded taco blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place foil in a 9x11-inch casserole dish and place chicken inside foil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tender. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred, then set aside. Discard foil.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Crush chips and place them on the bottom of your casserole dish and set aside. (I reserved 1/4 cup for garnish)
- Mix together cooked shredded chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, cheddar soup, Rotel, corn, and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Pour this over your chips in your casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Optional: Top with reserved chips for garnish and enjoy.