Document those important milestones, like the first day of school, with these free printable First Day of School Chalkboard signs! The printables are available for every grade, Preschool and Pre-K through High School. Download just the year’s sign or download the whole set of First Day of School signs all at once.
First Day of School Printable Chalkboard Signs
Here it is, the moment you’ve been waiting for! You loved the last day of school chalkboard printables so much that I had to be sure and give you the first day of school chalkboards, too!
The first day of Kindergarten is a momentous occasion, so I created these adorable printable chalkboard signs when my son started kindergarten. We have used them every year since and they have become quite popular here on the website.
HOW TO USE MY FREE PRINTABLE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL SIGNS:
- Choose the page you’d like to print. Each grade is on a different page so you do now have to print them all.
- Print them out on 8 1/2 x 11-inch cardstock.
- If desired, trim to fit an 8×10-inch frame and have your kids hold them in the same frame each year. Or have fun with different frames.
Tools needed for this project:
You may need one or more of these tools to help in printing and creating the projects described above:
- Color printer – This device offers beautiful color printer on a variety of paper sizes, mobile printing (from your mobile device), scanning and copying and much more!
- Cardstock – A heavier paper is my first choice when printing anything for display, gift tags and cards or tags.
- Sharp scissors – needed for cutting cardstock, especially when cutting into shapes for cards and tags.
- Paper Trimmer – Helpful when trimming to size, especially from 8 1/2 x 11-inch paper.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD
To download the printables, click on the link below. You will be taken to a page where you can choose which grade to print, pr dpwnload the entire set at once.
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE PRINTING, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FILE OF YOUR CHOICE, THEN PRINT FROM YOUR COMPUTER.
If you are having trouble printing:
- Download the file of your choice, then print from your computer.
- Open an incognito window on your internet browser and then open the first day of school signs.
- How do I print these? You can definitely print these on your home printer, and it doesn’t have to be super high quality. THIS is the one I use. You can also print at Staples, Office Depot or Kinkos, but I do not recommend printing on photo paper since there is a lot of black ink that could smudge and ruin the copy. I use regular CARDSTOCK or even plain printer paper (just make sure to let it dry).
- How do I get the chalkboard background? The chalkboard background is actually a graphic design style and is printed directly on the paper. No chalkboard required!
- Do you have TK? No, I’m sorry, I do not have TK for this design yet. However I do have TK with THIS set. Unfortunately I am not able to make special orders of these signs.
- I can download some of the pages, but not *this* one. Please make sure that your adoble software is up to date. Try closing out the page and letting it reload, then select the page you wish to download. Each page has been tested and is working.
- I can’t print at all, help! If you are having difficulty bring up the pdf for print or download, try opening an incognito window on your browser and then go the the url and try printing again. Occasionally your browner thinks we are spamming you with downloads but I assure you we are not!
- As with each of my free printables, these are free gifts for my readers. Please do not copy, sell or redistribute in any way without permission.
Be sure to check out these other free printables:
- 1st Day of School Printable Signs
- Free Printable Paper Bag Puppets
- Chalkboard Alphabet Bunting
- How to Make Your Own Printable Chalkboard Sign
We’ve got lots of delicious recipes here too!