This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Leftover Turkey recipes are here to save you from your post-Thanksgiving cooking rut. Leftover turkey can be turned into so many delicious meals – soups, casseroles, sandwiches, and more!
I think I love the day after Thanksgiving even more than the actual holiday. Why? Leftover turkey for days! Is there anything better than a leftover turkey sandwich on a warm roll, topped with cranberry sauce?
Or how about a “Thanksgiving bowl” as we like to call them, which is a bowl filled with leftover make ahead mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing, green bean casserole and turkey, topped with turkey gravy and cranberries. When you think of those leftover Thanksgiving foods as ingredients, the possibilities are endless!
Got leftover ham? Try these leftover ham recipes!
Table of Contents
Storage, Reheating, and Freezing Leftover Turkey
Storage – Leftover turkey can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. See below in the post for lots of recipe ideas to use it up!
Freezing – For longer storage, I love to freeze leftover turkey. Seal the turkey in an airtight, freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheating – While microwaving is always a reheating option, I prefer reheating in the oven for best results. You can add pieces of turkey to a baking dish with a little stock or broth, cover with foil, and reheat at 350 degrees F until warmed. Adding the stock and covering will help keep the turkey from drying out.
How to Cook Turkey
Even if you’re new to hosting Thanksgiving, I have several foolproof recipes to make a delicious turkey (or turkey breast).
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast – Tender, juicy, and ready in an hour. You can even make your own gravy right in the Instant Pot!
- Roast Turkey Breast – Super flavorful thanks to the garlic herb butter, juicy meat, and crispy skin.
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast – Roasting the turkey breast in the air fryer keeps your oven free for cooking all of the yummy sides.
- Best Thanksgiving Turkey – A foolproof turkey recipe with a simple, step-by-step tutorial so you can have a stress-free Thanksgiving!
- Grilled Turkey Breast – If you live in a warmer area, then fire up the grill to make your turkey and save oven space.
Leftover Turkey Recipes
Don’t get in a rut microwaving a plate of turkey, mashed potatoes, and gravy. There are tons of creative ways to use your leftovers, including casseroles, soups, and sandwiches.
Check out some perfect ways to use up leftovers.
- Turkey Shepherd’s Pie – Delicious way to not only use leftover turkey, but leftover gravy and mashed potatoes too!
- Turkey Tetrazzini Casserole – This classic comfort food pasta bake is hearty and full of noodles, mushrooms, peas and turkey all coated in a rich and creamy cheese sauce and topped with a crispy, buttery breadcrumb topping.
- Turkey and Stuffing Casserole – Creamy, flavorful and loaded with tender turkey and vegetables with a crispy stuffing topping.
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie – Swap in leftover turkey for the chicken to make a comforting pot pie with very little prep time.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Shells – Swap in turkey for the leftover chicken and stuff the pasta shells before covering in a flavorful cordon bleu sauce.
- Cheesy Broccoli Turkey and Rice Casserole – Creamy and filling, this casserole is loaded with fresh broccoli, turkey, and brown rice.
- Chicken Enchiladas – Swap in turkey for the chicken to make a Mexican-inspired, family favorite.
- Turkey Vegetable Soup – A perfect lighter option to enjoy the day after Thanksgiving!
- Turkey Soup with Rice – A great gluten-free soup option to use up Thanksgiving turkey.
- Creamy Turkey Wild Rice Soup – A hearty, filling soup that is perfect for a chilly day.
- Turkey Minestrone Soup – Veggies, beans, and leftover turkey combine for a healthy, yet satisfying soup.
- Turkey Chili – Ready in under an hour and packed with flavor.
- Instant Pot Turkey Ramen – Ready in under 30 minutes and a fun way to use up turkey leftovers.
Turkey Sandwiches and Salads
- Easy Turkey BLT Wraps – Transform leftover turkey for an easy wrap that is ready for lunch on the go!
- Turkey Cranberry Walnut Pasta Salad – The combination of tender pasta, tart cranberries, crunchy walnuts and a tangy sweet dressing, is the perfect pairing for leftover turkey.
- Cranberry Chicken Puffs – Swap in turkey for the chicken and pair with tart cranberries and cheese, all wrapped up in pillowy soft crescent roll dough.
- Cheesy Chipotle Turkey Sliders – King’s Hawaiian rolls are filled with leftover turkey, caramelized onions, smoky seasoning, sharp cheddar and topped with a delicious butter sauce.
- Cranberry Chicken Salad – Swap in turkey for the chicken and serve this salad on sandwiches or with crackers.
- Turkey Banh Mi – Tangy turkey and a crunchy slaw on a toasted baguette for a perfect lunch or dinner.
- Mini Buffalo Turkey Pizzas – A 15 minute recipe that are perfect to serve a crowd for game day.
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches – swap the shredded chicken for turkey in this easy to make salad that’s perfect for sandwiches or lettuce wraps.
- Healthy Turkey Salad – Lots of veggies and turkey are tossed with a delicious tahini dressing for a lighter meal.
What’s your favorite way to use up leftover? Let us know in the comments!