Summer is coming and if you are on the lookout for a fresh and easy appetizer to serve at your next party or get together, the Skinny Southwest Chicken Dip is perfect!
Remember the movie “Mermaids?” The mom only had one cookbook and it was for finger foods, so that’s all she knew how to cook – everything was on a stick! I could totally live my life eating like that…
It’s definitely doesn’t taste healthy, but it is!
There are so many different ways you could enjoy this dish:
Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or pita crisps.
Add some lettuce and wrap in a tortilla.
Add 1 cup of cooked whole wheat pasta and make it a meal (be sure to double the amount of yogurt and seasonings or it will be quite dry).
Serve on a bed of lettuce or in a pita pocket for a lo-carb lunch.
Eat it as is!
- 1-8 oz container Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 6 mini sweet peppers or one large orange, red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1-15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-15 oz can corn, drained
- Salt to taste
- Mix yogurt and seasonings in a small bowl and set aside while you prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Mix chicken, veggies, and beans in a large bowl.
- Add yogurt mixture and combine well to coat.
- Add salt to taste.
- Can be served immediately, but if possible, allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.