Welcome to the Summer Progressive Dinner Party!!! Fourteen fabulous recipes to help you get your party on this summer!
You may remember our springtime dinner party, where I served up a delicious Chopped Cobb Salad with garlic vinaigrette and homemade croutons. This time around, I picked my ultimate favorite course – appetizer!
Remember the movie “Mermaids?” The mom only had one cookbook and it was for finger foods, so that’s all she knew how to cook – everything was on a stick! I could totally live my life eating like that…
But anyway, back to the party! Here’s my contribution to our summer dinner party:
1-8 oz container Plain Greek Yogurt
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 Roma tomatoes
1 bunch green onions, chopped
6 mini sweet peppers or one large orange, red or yellow pepper, diced
1-15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1-15 oz can corn, drained
Salt to taste
Mix yogurt and seasonings in a small bowl and set aside while you prep the rest of your ingredients.
Mix chicken, veggies, and beans in a large bowl. Add yogurt mixture and combine well to coat. Add salt to taste.
Can be served immediately, but I like to make this in advance (an hour up to the day before) so the flavors have time to marinate. I actually like it best the next day.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or pita crisps.
- Wrap in a spinach tortilla.
- Add 1 cup of cooked whole wheat pasta and make it a meal (be sure to double the amount of yogurt and seasonings or it will be quite dry).
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or in a pita pocket for a lo-carb lunch.
- Eat it as is!
I took this to a pool party and it was such a hit! EVERYONE (kids – even mine – included!) loved it!!
For more fabulous recipes, check out the rest of the party -
But before you go, be sure to enter our FABULOUS GIVEAWAY! You could win a prize package valued at $550 from our sponsors:
1) $200 gift card to World Market (I know I could do some serious damage with that one!)
3) A Margaritaville Margarita Maker from Woot Froot. Woot Froot is excited to bring you the ease and convenience of fresh cut peaches and nectarines just in time for summer. Perfect for summer snacking, dishes and drinks – like peach margaritas. Be sure to register to win this Margaritaville Margarita Maker and get the party started. A $200 value. It makes great smoothies, too!
Giveaway will run from June 17 through June 24, 2013 at 11:50 pm. Winner will be announced via the Rafflecopter below and the winner will be notified by email.
Thanks so much for partying with us again – I hope you will take a moment to visit my friends and check out their fabulous recipes as well.
I did not receive any compensation or product for participating in the Summertime Progressive Dinner Party. I love these brands and wanted to reward my readers with an amazing giveaway! World Market, KitchenAid and Woot Froot all provided the prizes for the giveaway. As always all opinions are my own.