Pizza Pinwheels are so easy to make, and would be a great after school snack or finger food for a party or get together. With just a few ingredients, they come together in just minutes!
When my kids are hungry, they don’t want to wait around for a snack. They want something NOW. They pinwheels not only are ready in 15 minutes, but you can freeze them and pop them in the microwave – so much better than prepackaged pizza snacks!
Of course they’re not just kid-friendly, they’re a perfect appetizer for grown-ups too. Instead of pepperoni, add some shredded chicken, diced peppers, onions, mushrooms or any other specialty ingredients you like.
To make them, you’ll need to first flatten out the dough. I use refrigerated crescents (God bless you Pillsbury for creating these!) and roll them out on a lightly floured surface, pinching the seams together as I go. They don’t have to be perfect, just enough so you won’t lose your filling as you roll them up.
Roll it up lengthwise (or widthwise) – it’s your preference depending on how big you want your pinwheels and how many you need. Slice them into approximately one inch segments and lay them out on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. One tip I got from a reader who tried my Jalapeno Bacon & Cheddar Pinwheels was to freeze the roll for 10-15 minutes before slicing to preserve their shape. I thought that was a great idea if you have the time. They bake for about 12 minutes to golden perfection.
Serve them with yummy dips or eat them on their own. They’re good either way!
- 1 can Refrigerated Crescents (or Pizza Dough)
- ¼ cup pizza sauce or marinara
- ¾ cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Lightly flour a large wooden cutting board. Roll out dough onto the floured surface, pressing seems together as you go.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over the dough, to the edges.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella and your choice of pizza toppings.
- Roll pizza width-wise (the longest side) and seal the and slice into 1 inch pieces.
- Place pinwheels on the prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then serve with marinara or ranch for dipping.
For more tasty snacks, try these: