Summer is coming and if you are on the lookout for a fresh and easy appetizer to serve at your next party or get together, the Skinny Southwest Chicken Dip is perfect!
This recipe was originally posted in 2013.
Remember the movie “Mermaids?” The mom only had one cookbook and it was for finger foods, so that’s all she knew how to cook – everything was on a stick! I could totally live my life eating like that. Finger foods, dips, appetizers, yeah those are my loves.
Unfortunately, those types of foods are generally not that good for you. They usually taste amazing, but they aren’t amazing for your waistline. Unless, that is, you’re indulging in this amazing Skinny Southwest Chicken Dip. It’s definitely doesn’t taste healthy, but it really is!
There are so many different ways you could enjoy this dish:
Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or pita crisps.
Wrap in a tortilla or lettuce cups.
Serve on a bed of lettuce or in a pita pocket for a lo-carb lunch.
I love that it’s healthy, and my kids practically demand the stuff! We had a “leftovers night” not to long ago, and this was his choice over everything else! It’s got tons of vegetables, like peppers, tomatoes and corn, black beans and chicken for protein and Greek yogurt with lots of southwest seasonings.
My son has already requested to take this in his lunch during the school year. I think he thinks he’s getting away with something because he eats it with tortilla chips. I’m just happy he’s actually eating something other than chicken nuggets!
Skinny Southwest Chicken Appetizer:
Skinny Southwest Chicken Appetizer recipePrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded or diced boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 6 mini sweet peppers or one large orange red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1 15- ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15- ounce can corn drained
- Salt to taste
- Mix yogurt and seasonings in a small bowl and set aside while you prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Mix chicken, veggies, and beans in a large bowl.
- Add yogurt mixture and combine well to coat.
- Add salt to taste.
- Can be served immediately, but if possible, allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Want more recipes with Greek Yogurt?
Hi! I’m Kristin, the creative mind behind Yellow Bliss Road where you will be inspired by tons of easy to follow recipes, lots of free printables, and a little sprinkling of life thrown in for good measure.